The New York International Latino Film Festival is seeking volunteers for this year's film festival, which will be held from August 13th to August 19th, 2012. For those who would like to get involved, there are a lot of great opportunities available for all types of skills and interests, including credited internships and volunteer positions. In addition, we are always looking for volunteers for both pre-festival and post-festival activities and set-up.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life, ranging from students, to professionals, to filmmakers and retirees. We provide a positive, exciting, and respectful environment for film lovers who want to contribute to the #1 celebration of Latino cinema! We are seeking qualified and reliable volunteers who enjoy working with the public and appreciate the value of team spirit!
If you would like to join our team, please fill out our online Volunteer Application.
Once we review your application, we will contact you with an NYILFF opportunity to match your interests and availability.
Please review the Volunteer Code of Conduct prior to application.
New York International Latino Film Festival
Volunteer Code of Conduct
Although you are a volunteer, you are still subject to the rules of conduct expected of all New York International Latino Film Festival staff. Once you have made a commitment to the organization, we depend on you to follow through with your commitment. Essentially, you become an integral part of the festival.
As such, you represent the organization to both patrons and the public at large, and it is important to portray a positive image. Regardless of your capacity or seniority as a volunteer with the film festival, you are expected to:
- Treat patrons, visitors, filmmakers and staff with respect and courtesy.
- Be sensitive to the diverse participants.
- Conduct yourself in a manner that is befitting a positive organizational image.
- Partake of no alcohol while on a shift and do not report for duty while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Show up on time and dressed appropriately for scheduled events.
- Contact the volunteer coordinators immediately when you must cancel a scheduled volunteer engagement.
- Stay through your entire shift.
- Keep all information you handle confidential.
In return, from the festival staff you can expect to:
- Have your concerns, problems and issues listened to.
- Be treated with respect and courtesy.
- Be kept informed about event changes that pertain to you.
- Be provided with a safe atmosphere in which to volunteer.
- Be provided with necessary training opportunities.
- Be appreciated for your contributions to the organization.
While we appreciate the time you graciously donate to the New York International Latino Film Festival, reported negative behaviors will be investigated and, depending on frequency and severity, could result in the termination of your volunteer position with the film festival.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Volunteer Department email@example.com.